Near Infrared Sauna
Here is a link to the Sauna company that I work with, and another link where you can get information on how to purchase your Near Infrared Sauna Light Panel with a
Never spend more than 20 minutes in a near infrared lamp sauna unless you are on a complete program which is based on a properly performed and properly interpreted hair mineral analysis and being coached by a practitioner.
The near infrared sauna creates heats from infrared lights which heat the body from the inside out. The heat lamps penetrate the cells around 3 inches deep which aids in natural detoxification, as well as cell regeneration and wound healing.
Some benefits of the near infrared sauna include:
- Skin Rejuvenation – For most clients the skin is very congested. The sauna assists in restoring the ability of the skin to assist in elimination.
- Enhanced Sweating – Sweating helps eliminate toxins and chemicals through the skin which also reduces the load on the kidneys and liver. Sweating will usually increase over time with continued sauna use. This type of sweating is superior to the sweat created during exercise. When you exercise you use the sympathetic nervous system which inhibits the body’s ability to eliminate toxins. The sweat from an infrared sauna does not activate the sympathetic nervous system allowing the body to safely detox much more efficiently than sweating through exercise.
- Exercise Benefits – Through use of the sauna you can enhance circulation and tissue oxidation. Regular use can help lower blood pressure and increase the elasticity of the arteries. The saunas can be helpful for cardiovascular conditions, allergies, skin conditions, arthritis, and those with chemical sensitivities.
- Fever Therapy for Infections – Many people have low body temperatures and therefore are unable to get rid of chronic infections. Raising one’s body temperature can help kill bacteria, fungi, parasites and viruses.
- Destruction of Tumors, radiated cells and mutated cells – Raising the body temperature can help kill abnormal cells such as tumors. Hyperthermia is a well researched therapy for cancers. Heat also kills cells that have been damaged by radiation and other toxins.
- Inhibits the Sympathetic Nervous System – This allows the body to relax, heal and regenerate from many ailments.
- Improves oxygenation, hydration, and circulation of organs and cells.
- Do not use the sauna alone if you have used LSD or other psychotropic drugs as a few people have experienced flashbacks or full blown LSD trips.
- Do not use the sauna alone if you have medical conditions.
- Do not take high-dose niacin and do not exercise before using the sauna.
- Do spend more than 20 minutes in the sauna unless you are on a complete Nutritional Balancing Program and have been instructed to do so by your practitioner.
- Drink 8 to 16 ounces of water before entering the sauna.
- Have a towel handy to wipe off with while in the sauna.
- Sea salt and kelp, (which is part of the program), help replace minerals lost during sweating. (See paragraph below). Add sea salt to food but do not put it in your water.
- Leave the sauna if you feel ill or have any signs of heat exhaustion. This includes a racing heart, sudden cessation of sweat, as well as if the face turns bright red.
Please note that some clients have experienced issues when using the sauna before beginning a complete supplement program provided by their practitioner. While the sauna removes toxins, it also removes some minerals, and for some this is an issue. Some clients find it easier to begin the sauna after they start taking the supplements. Others are fine starting the sauna while they wait for their program. Begin with caution and let your practitioner know if you have any issues.
Please read Dr. Wilson’s article for information on pregnancy and the use of the sauna with children.
- Shower or rinse off after the sauna.
- Relax for 10 to 15 minutes after leaving the sauna.
Click here to read why I also recommend the use of a SINGLE INFRARED LAMP for many issues. This can be used in conjunction with the sauna for allergies and other specific issues. (See the article for details).
If you cannot afford the sauna, at least use the single red infrared lamp over the liver and as advised in the article on using the single infrared lamp. Some clients begin using the lamp until they can afford to purchase the sauna. This is not as beneficial as using the sauna but it is certainly better than nothing.
Near infrared saunas are not fancy expensive saunas like the far infrared saunas. To my knowledge they are not available in spas or health clubs.
Here is a link to the Sauna company that I work with, and another link where you can get information on how to purchase your Near Infrared Sauna Light Panel with a $100 discount!
Disclaimer: The material presented here is for educational purposes only and not for the diagnosis, treatment or prescription for any disease. Doreen McCafferty works as a Nutritional Balancing Practitioner not as a licensed medical doctor. Always consult your doctor or other practitioner knowledgeable in sauna use before beginning a sauna therapy program.
Resources for this article are provided by Dr. Lawrence Wilson.