Recipes – Sweet Potato and Brussel Sprout Hash
A great weekend breakfast or make this the day before and heat in the morning if you are limited on time!
Sweet Potato and Brussel Sprout Hash
- 2 cups diced sweet potato
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 lb of ground lamb, grass fed ground beef or organic chicken sausage
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3/4 pound (3 cups) brussels sprouts, quartered
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- Sea Salt
1. In a medium pot, bring eight cups water to a boil. Add sweet potato and cook until soft, about 8 to 10 minutes. Drain and set aside.
2. Heat olive oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet. Add onion and garlic, and sauté about 2 minutes until soft. Stir in the ground meat or chicken sausage, paprika, and cayenne, and cook until meat is brown. Add Brussels sprouts and cook another 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in the sweet potatoes, and continue cooking 3 to 5 minutes until cooked through but still firm. Stir in parsley, and salt and pepper to taste.