Recipes – Roasted Chicken
- 1 roasting chicken about 4 pounds
- 1 medium onion peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 whole heads of garlic (optional)
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- sea salt and pepper
- several sprigs thyme oregano, or tarragon
Before you put the chicken into your roasting pan, arrange the sliced onions into the bottom.
Also, put the garlic cut-side down in the pan. The recipe calls for two whole HEADS — not cloves — of garlic.
Grab your bird and take out the giblets.
It’s thyme time! Stuff the herbs into the cavity of the chicken.
Brush the bird with melted butter.
Season with sea salt and pepper.
Bake at 375 for one hour. Then, stick a wooden spoon into it and flip it over, to cook for another hour.